Medical Professional Liability Insurance
Meadowbrook has been insuring medical professionals in Michigan since 1993. Our Medical Professional Liability Program utilizes customized coverage, fair pricing, responsive claims management and proactive on-site risk assessments. We offer a competitive combination of price, coverage and service in the market place today.
Credits Available (Options May Vary by State):
- Loyalty Credits
- Competitive Claims Free
- Discounts for the First Three Years of Private Practice
- Part-time for Eligible Physicians
- Board Certification
- Seminar Participation
- Electronic Medical Records
- Competitive Group Discounts
- Up to 5% Discount for Bundling Workers’ Compensation coverage
- Additional Discounts Available for “Moonlighting” or Taking a Leave of Absence
- Claims Defense
Meadowbrook adjusts claims with the interests of the physician as our principal purpose. On receipt of a new claim, contact is timely made with the physician to review the allegations and to develop a plan of action on how we are going to respond to the claim. As the claim develops, we keep the physician informed of the claim process, including any new allegations raised or evidence presented that may change our plan of action or evaluation of the claim.
If a matter proceeds into litigation, Meadowbrook uses a network of highly skilled attorneys whose practice is dedicated to defending and taking to trial medical malpractice claims. We use attorneys with expertise in the physician’s field. The attorney is available to you for any questions or issues you have during the litigation process.
Meadowbrook is committed to working with the physician on developing a final resolution plan, including taking a claim to trial, if necessary.
Meadowbrook’s Risk Management Program (RMP) provides proactive loss prevention services. This Program identifies potential risks and then develops systems to mitigate claims.
The RMP is an individualized approach utilizing an on-site risk assessment to identify and evaluate potential deficiencies in the clinical practice. We provide a written report with detailed recommendations, work with the office staff, and offer tools to advance the practice. Our goal is to diminish potential liability and protect our insured’s assets and reputation.
Meadowbrook’s RMP is available for all insureds.
The On-Site Risk Assessment looks at the following:
- Delay in Diagnosis
- Failure to Diagnose
- Problems Associated with Access to Care
- System Problems Related to Labs/Tests and Sharing of that Information
- Chart Maintenance and Information Flow Related to Diagnosis
- Confidentiality and Privacy Issues
- Appropriateness and Timeliness of Medication Usage
- Patient Satisfaction and Problem Resolution